Saturday, October 27, 2018: Tilt Studio Halloween Spooktacular
- Location: Tilt Studio Arizona Mills Mall
- Costumes WELCOME (but not required) – we will have a prize for best costume
- Time: 1:00pm start, players must be checked in before the tournament starts – no players will be added after the first round is launched.
- Cost: $1 (cash) plus cost of games played (requires Tilt Studio Player Card)
- Format: 7 Strikes – Fair Strikes Knockout (all players will play at least 4 rounds)
- Fair Strikes = winner gets no strikes, last place gets 2 strikes and people in between get 1 strike (4-player: 0, 1, 1, 2; 3-player: 0, 1, 2; 2 player: 0, 2)
- This format is expected to last 10-12 rounds (5-6 hours) for those who make it to the end. All players will play at least 4 rounds (around 2 hours)
- Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/2306776992726235/
- December 9: Tracy’s Pintastic Birthday Tournament
- The tournament will start at 1:00pm on Sunday, December 9, so please arrive and check in by 12:45pm.
- Format: 8 rounds of group match play followed by top 16 finals with 3 rounds of 4-player match play. Top 2 advance in finals rounds 1 and 2 until final 4 game to determine winner. If fewer than 32 players participate, finals will be top 8 playing 2 rounds of ladder elimination (one player eliminated each round) to reach final 4 with one final game to determine winner.
- Cost: $2 cash plus WRAPPED/HIDDEN gift valued around $5-$10 (no gifts for Tracy – just bring gifts for tournament) $7 cash entry fee if you don’t bring a gift. You will receive 1 drawing ticket for your entry/gift. Players are responsible for the cost of games played.
- Gifts can be “funny” but they should not be a “white elephant” or throwaway gift. It can be something you are re-gifting from home or a new item or a gift card – whatever works for you. Players will have chances to receive presents throughout the tournament. Got fun stuff you want to re-gift, feel free to bring an extra gift to get an extra drawing ticket (max 3 total drawing tickets per person)!
- Gifts do not have to be wrapped in wrapping paper – they can be in an envelope or grocery bag as long as you cannot see/tell what the gift is – everything should be a surprise!
- Show up to the tournament and totally forgot to bring a gift, then your entry fee is $7. $1 of this is for the IFPA fee, $1 offsets top 4 awards and $5 offsets extra gifts I will bring.
- Ways to receive a birthday present (tournament games only, not valid on warm up or practice games and you must find me to prove your result):
- Your final score on a game ends in “40”
- Your final score has “1978” or “2018” anywhere within the score
- You get Grand Champion or a high score on a machine and enter initials TLL
- Random drawings after round 8, before finals
- Top 4 finalists
- You can receive up to 2 gifts through gameplay and drawings during the 8 rounds prior to finals. Depending on number of gifts remaining, players may be able to win a 3rd gift during the drawing after round 8.